Colorado is a long game which requires a lot of skill.
- The game is played with two decks of cards shuffled together.
- There are eight foundations. The first four foundations must be built up by suit starting with aces. The second four foundations must be built down by suit starting with kings.
- Once card from the deck will be dealt automatically. One card will be dealt at a time from the deck as needed.
- There are 20 stacks that can be used to store cards.
- Place any card from the deck on any stack, regardless of suit or value.
- Only the top card on any stack can be played, and only to the foundations.
- Cards cannot be played from one stack to another.
- When an empty space is created in the stacks, the next card from the deck will automatically fill the space.
- Example: In the illustration, you can grab the two kings in the stacks and move them to the foundations. Then you can grab the two aces showing and move them to the foundations. The queen of hearts and the jack of hearts can them be moved on to the king of hearts in the foundations. The 2 of clubs, 3 of clubs and the 4 of clubs can then be moved on to the ace of clubs in the foundations. Then you can move the queen of diamonds down to the stacks, on top of another card. This will reveal the next card in the deck.