Forty Thieves is a difficult game that requires a lot of skill.
- The game is played with two decks of cards.
- There are eight foundations, each must start with an ace.
- Build foundations up in suit.
- You can move the top card of any of the ten stacks.
- Move cards onto other stacks in descending value, by suit.
- Fill empty stack spaces with any card.
- Deal one card at a time from the deck.
- You can only play the top card in the deck pile.
- Play deck cards to the stacks below it, in descending value by suit. Or, play deck cards directly to the foundations.
- Example: In the illustration, several cards have already been dealt from the deck. You can move the ace of diamonds up to the foundations. Then you can move the two of diamonds up there as well. Next, you can move the ace and 2 of clubs up to the foundations. The 4 of hearts goes on to the 5 of hearts. The 7 of spades goes on to the 8 of spades. Then the 9 of diamonds goes on to the 10 of diamonds. And so on...